- In 1973, Ruth García Gutiérrez, passionate about education, founds ABC’s Kindergarten. Its main objective was to offer a more personalized education, which seeks to develop the potential in both academic and human aspects of preschool children.
- In 1989, Marybel Perdomo, daughter of the founder, inspired by her mother’s educational passion, joins the institution after having completed her university education in England.
- In 1990, Ruth Garcia and Marybel Perdomo founded the International British School and built a 4-hectare campus located in the north of Quito in 1995.
- In 2005, Priscila Peñaherrera, Ruth García’s youngest daughter, joins the International British School, after having completed her university studies in education in Argentina and Chile.
- From the beginning, the Británico Internacional focuses its proposal on intensive language teaching, with English being the second language and French or Italian the third language.
- As part of a continuous search for improvement in educational quality, in 2007 the International British School decided to work under the guidelines of the International Baccalaureate Organization, being accredited in 2009, 2010 and 2011 in the PEP programs (Primary Years Programme), MYP (Middle Years Programme) and the Diploma Programme, thus becoming one of the 264 accredited schools in the world in the three programs.